Bernie's Car Show Coverage: MidwestFest6 weekend

Oct 5, 2022

On September 24th, I made the wise decision to return to Indianapolis to attend MidwestFest for the third consecutive year.

Hear me out…. There’s something different about this show. One would think that MidwestFest showcases the best of the best customized cars within the Midwestern portion of the United States. But as an outsider looking in (no need to explain where I’m from), there’s something special about it. Each year, a large— nope, wrong word. Let me try this again. Each year, a massive amount of people gather at an event center known as Silver Centre somewhere in Indianapolis (don’t ask me about neighborhoods. I just know that it was within I-465)

Because of the location, the majority of the cars were from Indiana. However, that wasn’t all that showed up. Cars from Illinois, Missouri, Michigan, Kansas, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, and dare I say it— I did see a car with New York license plates.

Obviously the image above isn't mine, but I wanted to show how many people came. What I love most about this show is that…. It’s just a car show and that’s it. No performances (because you don’t need it), no racing (you really don’t need it. Just race on Keystone Ave or I-70 like everyone else.). They had a legal burnout area which was cool. But honestly speaking, you get all these people and cars from different areas all in one area and that’s it. If positive energy mixed with "you better act right" was a car show, it would be MidwestFest and that’s what makes it so special. 

Another thing, my third year going and there were some faithfuls that I've seen the previous years. However, there were a lot of cars that I've never seen before. It's hard to define what exactly shows up. About 70% is what would fall under big rim culture (donks, boxes, bubbles, American muscle, G body, A body, and F body). The other 30% goes to lowriders, luxury/exotics, Corvettes, vans/trucks, and imports. 

I’m just going to end this by saying if you love cars as much as you say you do, you should experience MidwestFest weekend at least once in your life. I have no reason to lie, but it’s an honest opinion about this show. You will not regret it. 


To see the rest of the photos, check out Bernie's Midwest Fest 6 show and Midwest Fest 6 finale at Stunt Sundays galleries.

1 comment:

  1. With a fleet of greater than 45,000 towing and roadside carrier vans throughout the country, TTN locates and dispatches the nearest tow enterprise or roadside carrier expert for your location. With our dependent on Partner community presenting secure and dependable 24/7 carrier, it doesn`t rely on whether or not you`re positioned in Toronto or Delta, TTN affords drivers with brief ETAs, obvious pricing, and expert carrier throughout the country. Delta tow truck


Powered by Blogger.


Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan

Your copyright

© by Car Show Bernie 2010-2022